Friday, August 1, 2008

Thankyou to everyone who came out to join the mysore workshop in Canmore!!
You all teach me so much. Sonnie, thank you for taking such beautiful pictures.

I have spent the past week working in Kananaskis country - teaching yoga and sharing with business students from the University of Calgary. The course is called Leadership in Sustainable Development and it combines first nations cultural learning, outdoor skills, personal reflection and mindfullness...education in the true sense of the word.

As a part of the course I was able to participate in a ceremonial sweat lodge in the Ghost river valley. A wonderful man, Sequoyah, shared with us his stories, his traditions and his unrelenting connections with life everywhere.

Following the sweat lodge I had one of the most invigorating, soulful yoga practices I could have imagined.

Toes melting in the moss.
Rays of sun sneaking through the trees.
Each breath awakens my soul, again and again to life all around me.

Each movement is effortless,
a gift
a dance
a life
a prayer.

Cleansed and empty from the sweat the practice took me to places inside of myself i have only glimpsed before.

I am back in Canmore now and will be roaming these parts for the next month - before I head to Brasil to guide a river trip on the Amazon...

much love - i look forward to seeing you all.
Sarah

No comments: